ORKA leverages technology to deliver a better B2B financing experience. At the core of this is the platform, for which you’ll be responsible. You have a passion for building, an eye for simplicity, and a natural desire to delight.
The Software Product Manager (Director, VP) will report to the CEO. We’re open to candidates of various backgrounds and experience levels and will title the role accordingly. If you think you’re over or under qualified, that’s ok, if you’re great at software and tech product development we want to hear from you!
- Build a product that our customers love: you will be in consistent contact with the people using our tools. You’ll understand their needs and pain points and help guide ORKA towards delighting our customers.
- Understand the vision and strategy, drive focus to the most impactful projects, synthesizing those needs into your product roadmap, and defining key metrics.
- Lead rapid prototyping efforts in the organization. We are an early stage organization that thrives on experimentation and understands that we need to efficiently learn and iterate in order to fulfill our mission.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution. This role is inherently part strategy and part execution.
- Map the end-to-end customer experience.
- Direct our engineering team and outsourced resources appropriately.
- Manage expectations by communicating progress to stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure the health of your product by balancing new features with maintenance and technical debt.
- Staff and manage a growing product team (as needed).
Qualifications for the Role
- 10+ years of commercial credit and lending experience that supports your ability to build a sound yet progressive credit policy for this asset class.
- Ability to sell the credit story to our capital providers.
- High-integrity and EQ, self-aware, low-ego.
- Comfort stretching the boundaries of what’s possible with commercial credit.
- Experience with early stage startups, or working on early stage products is a big bonus. This role will require comfort with ambiguity and change as we create something new together.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a capital provider, working with our sales or product teams, or engaging a cross-functional audience.
Nice to Have
- Some consumer credit expertise is helpful, bonus if it relates to residential solar or a fin-tech platform.
- An existing network of capital provider and/or rating agency relationships.
- An independent style of working, entrepreneurial mindset.
What We Offer
- Early-stage, high-growth, high-complexity and reward
- Ability to make your mark as a foundational member
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
Candidates interested in learning more may email Dori Rutkevitz @ email@example.com
ORKA is a clean energy financial technology company operating in stealth. (orkafinance.com)
Current options in the market are slow, bureaucratic, and not focused enough on the customer. We’re leveraging technology to unblock the deployment of better energy, deliver a stronger value proposition and (dare we say) a delightful client experience. Say that again: stale, antiquated. Replace it with fast refreshing delightful. Ahh, that’s better.
If you’re committed to a smart, sustainable economy and passionate about building an intuitive, transformative experience, come check us out. We’re venture-backed, well-capitalized, and the founding team brings combined three decades of related experience.
Additional information: ORKA and its mission will be covered in detail with qualified candidates. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.